ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Bilingual Project Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Director, Project Management Office
LOCATION: Remote/hybrid within Ontario or Quebec with occasional in-office work in Toronto, ON and/or Montreal, QC
Bilingual Project Coordinator, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Project Management Office (PMO) team, you will support project teams in a variety of work relating to the growth and transformation of the organization, as well as support the day-to-day operations of the PMO. Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, you will have a variety of administrative and operational responsibilities, with the opportunity to advance your learning in the field of project management.
As the successful candidate, your strong interpersonal and communication skills will allow you to be efficient when working with project teams from across the organization. Your excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks will support increased project success rates and improved efficiencies within the PMO.
What You’ll Do
- Support Project Managers in coordinating activities to ensure project teams adhere to predetermined timelines and deliverables.
- Manage an organization-wide repository of project artefacts and documentation, ensuring that documentation is complete, up-to-date, and available to project stakeholders upon request.
- Support Project Managers in communicating plans, actions, risks, and issues with key project stakeholders.
- Assist Project Managers with administrative functions and processes, including developing and maintaining project documentation.
- Provide administrative support to the PMO Team, including scheduling meetings, creating reports, and preparing presentation materials.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation, excellence, and continuous organizational improvement.
What You Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration, or another related field.
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination or a related role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills, including attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- A customer-service focused mindset.
- A background in or desire to learn more about the field of project management.
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, complex environments, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is considered an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with experience in Microsoft Project being an asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of
- Opportunities for learning and professional
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Bilingual Project Coordinator’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on March 26, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruiting process as required by Pathways, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.