Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. There are over 300,000 young people across Canada at risk of dropping out of high school and this number is expected to increase due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Pathways to Education positively impacts over 6,000 young people annually, across Canada, by removing barriers to education and providing a network of support that has been proven to increase high school graduation rates. Through a combination of academic, financial, social, and one-on-one supports, Pathways helps youth to graduate from high school and transition to post-secondary education, training, and employment. For every dollar invested in Pathways to Education, there is a $24 social return on investment.
Pathways is committed to accelerating its growth, through innovation, to support more youth across Canada. We employ a continuous cycle of feedback to assess the emerging needs of students and are focused on building capacity that will allow us to rapidly respond to these needs. Our future is a delivery model that scales exponentially to serve youth anywhere, anytime – a network of technology, behavioral science, and volunteers supporting students to succeed.
THE CTO OPPORTUNITY
Building from the success of the Pathways to Education model, the Chief Technology Officer will lead the strategy that scales Pathways’ impact through the development of a digital engagement and education platform, the identification and implementation of new solutions, and leveraging the best of technology in a scalable and sustainable way. This role is a mix of technology, innovation, and thought-leadership to produce platforms and products that will help us scale our impact 10x across Canada.
As Chief Technical Officer you will develop and lead strategic opportunities to ensure that Pathways to Education has a positive and sustained impact on the more than 300,000 students in Canada who face barriers to education every day. The ideal candidate combines a breadth of technology experience with an innovative and creative outlook. They are comfortable providing strategic guidance and vision as well as managing the details of implementation where necessary.
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE LOOKS LIKE:
- Designing, articulating, and influencing a technology vision within the organization that meets near-term expectations and scales for future growth.
- Leadership that inspires delivery of quality products and platforms that solve market needs.
- A vision and strategy for partnerships that will help us reach our goals.
- Strong communication with varied internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the successful development, testing, launch, and deployment of the online platform (including smaller tests/iterations).
- Assessment of testing and recommendations for key upgrades, changes, budget, requirements.
- Leading a talented and diverse technology team that is primarily focused on future products, but also responsible for current state infrastructure.
- Strong management and a team player mindset with an inspirational attitude and can-do philosophy to problem solving.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years leadership experience conceiving, building, and delivering technology infrastructure and user experience.
- Strong track record of scaling technology infrastructure.
- Able to develop and communicate strategy in a way that inspires action.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence that supports effectively engaging with all stakeholders including high schoolers and young adults, and C-suite level executives.
- Clear thesis on technical team design, productivity, instrumentation, and velocity.
- Experience leading software development teams.
- Mobile app development experience for Android and iOS.
- Fluency in both English and French is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a letter and resume to Katie Dolgin of Found People at [email protected].