About Pathways TO EDUCATION CANADA
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization working to make Canada a Graduation Nation. Partnering with dedicated organizations in low-income communities, Pathways supports youth to graduate from high school and achieve their full potential. Celebrating 15 years of successful programming, our award-winning combination of academic, financial, social, and individual supports continues to successfully break the cycle of poverty through the power of education.
Pathways to Education is hiring a bilingual Content Producer to help create and execute content across print and digital channels in English and French. Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Content Producer will play a key role in developing original content that contributes to the overall vision of Pathways to Education. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is self-motivated, passionate about storytelling, and has a keen eye for detail.
You are the right fit for this role if you are a creative storyteller with a journalistic background and experience producing content in both English and French. The role also requires basic graphic design and video editing skills and experience working with vendors to create audio and visual content.
What You’ll Do
- Creating original content in English and French for use across a range of print and digital platforms including website and social media
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing, Digital and Resource Development team to assess content needs and generate new content ideas to support campaigns
- Creating briefs for the creation of video and audio content and working with external vendors to project manage production
- Working with Marketing Manager to assist with moderation of French social media channels
- Assisting with basic graphic design and video editing
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- 3+ years experience producing content for web, print, and social in English and French
- Ability to write quality written content
- Strong skills in industry-standard Adobe photo, audio, and video editing software
- Ability to translate and adapt English marketing copy in French
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating potential changes and adapting to further our mission
- Interest in making an impact by working in non-profit, education-related charity
What We Offer
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact;
- Opportunities for learning and professional development;
- Competitive base salary, with annual bonus available;
- Comprehensive health benefits package;
- RRSP program; and,
- Four weeks’ annual vacation.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume with the subject line Content Producer to [email protected] by August 2, 2019. Pathways to Education Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.