ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Data and Research Analyst (Bilingual – French/English)
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Measurement and Reporting
LOCATION: Toronto, ON; Montreal, QC; or remote
Data and Research Analyst (Bilingual – French/English), Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Research & Evaluation team, you will manage data analysis and reporting for Pathways’ Quebec-based program locations, build and strengthen relationships with a variety of community-based partner organizations, and contribute to primary and secondary research projects on educational attainment, youth well-being, and program delivery. You will also develop and translate data and research findings into internal reports and external knowledge mobilization products that effectively communicate program impact and raises awareness of issues affecting youth living in contexts of risk.
As the successful candidate, you have exceptional project management and data analysis skills, and strong communication skills in both French and English to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You have great attention to detail, love to take initiative, and want to make a positive impact by engaging in program measurement, research, and knowledge mobilization in support of young people across Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Manage data analysis and reporting of program-level data.
- Support primary and secondary quantitative research projects.
- Conduct literature searches and develop French and English summaries, reports, and knowledge mobilization products for both internal and external stakeholders.
What You Bring
- Graduate-level data analysis, research, and/or evaluation training.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis (experience using SPSS and/or other statistical analysis tools).
- Experience conducting literature searches and developing reviews and summaries.
- Experience with data management, business intelligence, or data visualization platforms.
- Knowledge of the Quebec non-profit and/or education system.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on a multi-stakeholder project from inception to end with minimal supervision.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in developing quantitative and qualitative data reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills in French and English to communicate complex ideas in accessible language.
- Highly organized and an exacting attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and enjoys a collaborative team environment.
- Interest in making an impact by working in a non-profit, education-related charity.
- Proficiency in French is a requirement for this position.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Data and Research Analyst’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on September 24, 2021. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.