ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Database Manager
JOB TYPE: 14 -17 month contract position, 37.5 hours per week
START DATE: Mid-November (Start date flexible)
REPORTING TO: Director, Fundraising Operations
LOCATION: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Database Manager, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a key member of the Resource Development department, you will be responsible for the administration of the organization’s donor database system. Reporting to the Director, Fundraising Operations, you will serve as project lead for all gift processing, donor data accuracy, integrity, integration, and security, and will prepare regular reports to track donation activity.
As the successful candidate, you are a subject matter expert in database management with advanced knowledge in Raiser’s Edge and Omatic Software to act as a thought leader in fundraising data for Pathways. You are curious and a proactive learner, and embrace the concept of continuous improvement through iteration, automation, and innovation to inspire and lead opportunities to scale and improve donor data-related processes.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and complete gift processing, ensuring accurate and timely entry of all donations into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Validate donor data to ensure accuracy.
- Proactively identify and implement donor data automation process improvements to ensure scalability and efficiency while maintaining a high level of accuracy and donor centered focus.
- Develop, prepare, and submit fundraising-related reports, including monthly forecasts, dashboards, and fundraising analysis, to facilitate data-based decision-making.
- Manage the security access and administration of the Raiser’s Edge database along with external online giving portals.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create, implement, and document donor data best practices.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in database management.
- Blackbaud Professional Certification in Raiser’s Edge (bCRE) is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in the Raiser’s Edge environment (database and web view), including imports, query, export, and batch. Proficiency in Omatic Software, especially in creating and editing profiles and troubleshooting imports from Omatic to Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficiency in Power Automate, with a working knowledge of Power BI.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Effective problem-solving skills, with a creative and solution-oriented approach to work.
- Enthusiasm for learning and innovation to seek process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Database Manager’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until end-of-day on September 29th, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.