ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Database Manager
REPORTING TO: Director, Fundraising Operations (Resource Development)
LOCATION: Toronto (currently remote)
Database Manager at Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you? Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As the Pathways to Education Database Manager, you are a subject matter expert in database management with advanced knowledge in Raiser’s Edge and Omatic Software. Under the direction of the Director, Fundraising Operations, the Database Manager will be responsible and accountable for all gift and biographic data. This includes importing and uploading biographical data, processing all donations, extracting, and analyzing donor data, creating, and generating reports, overseeing donor data integrity, and security. The Database Manager will inspire and lead opportunities to scale and improve donor data related processes. They will be seen as a thought leader in fundraising data for the organization. You possess a curiosity and learning mindset and embrace the concept of continuous improvement through iteration, automation, and innovation.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and complete gift processing for the organization ensuring accurate and timely entry of all donations into Raiser’s Edge
- Seek ways to iterate and improve automation processes related to donor data to ensure scalability and efficiency while maintaining a high level of accuracy and donor centred focus
- Develop, prepare, and submit fundraising related reports including monthly forecasts, dashboards, and fundraising analysis to facilitate data inspired decisions
- Complete data validation to ensure accuracy and trustworthiness of donor data
- Responsible for security access and administration of Raiser’s Edge database along with external online giving portals
- Collaborate with internal teams to create, implement, and document best practices for donor data.
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in database management
- Blackbaud bCRE, Professional Certification required (If the candidate does not have bCRE Professional Certification, they will be required to obtain it within the first six months of employment)
- Advanced proficiency in the Raiser’s Edge environment (database and web view) including imports, query, export, and batch
- Proficiency in Omatic Software; especially in creating and editing profiles, and troubleshooting imports from Omatic to Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in Power Automate, working knowledge of Power BI
- Advanced skills in Excel, proficiency in Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with solutions
- Curiosity and learning mindset, embraces the concept of continuous improvement through iteration, automation, and innovation
- Accurate and detail-oriented style, thrives in a dynamic culture
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact
- Opportunities for learning and professional development
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation and health benefits package
- Group RRSP program
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter alongside their resume to [email protected] using the subject line ‘Database Manager.’ Applications accepted until 5 pm on May 13, 2021. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Pathways Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.