Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Reporting: Reports to Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Closing date: August 7, 2020
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
The marketing and communications team at Pathways is working to build the best and most innovative marketing program in the charitable sector. Working in collaboration with our colleagues across the organization, we seek to ensure that every interaction an individual has with the Pathways brand educates and inspires.
Our goals are to increase awareness of Pathways, build a community of engaged supporters across the country, and, working in tandem with the fundraising team, increase revenues so that the organization can sustain and expand its work.
The Digital Marketing Officer is the digital marketing expert within the organization. You will be responsible for helping us achieve these goals by executing initiatives through online channels using content marketing best practices and best in class digital technology.
What You’ll Do
Implementation of digital tactics in support of Pathways’ marketing strategy:
- Apply a deep understanding of digital marketing best practices and tools to build brand awareness, generate leads, acquire new donors, and increase overall mass-market fundraising revenue.
- Optimize existing channels, and find new, innovative ways to build brand affinity among our donors and supporters.
- Utilize search engine optimization and marketing, organic and paid social media, email campaigns, and website enhancements, among other tactics, to meet marketing goals.
- Maintain a dashboard of digital metrics to track engagement and conversions against goals.
Content creation and dissemination:
- Create content that can be deployed in social media and email marketing campaigns to support marketing goals.
- Work with external vendors on tasks that need to be outsourced, e.g. our creative agency, videographers, graphic designers etc.
- Maintain a content calendar to publish relevant, high-quality, data informed content on Pathways’ social media channels, and address comments and feedback from our audience in a timely fashion.
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager in the implementation of all aspects of our marketing strategy.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in other departments in support of Pathways Canada’s overall strategy.
What You Bring
- University or College degree
- A successful track record of 2+ years in digital marketing
- Experience with digital marketing tools, CRM platforms, and analytics technology
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and take initiative—independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Experience of juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines with high-quality work
What We Offer
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact
- A flexible work policy
- Opportunities for learning and professional development
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- RRSP program
- Four weeks’ annual vacation
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send their cover letter and resume with the subject line “Digital Marketing Officer” to [email protected] no later than midnight on August 7, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.