ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Manager, Programs (Bilingual)
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Programs
LOCATION: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Manager, Programs (Bilingual), Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
Sitting at the center of user experience, business operations, and technology, this role works in a highly integrated fashion across the organization to optimize solutions in support of Pathways youth. As a key member of the Programs Department, you will manage program development projects through a product lifecycle approach that meets user needs, is evidence-informed, achieves organizational objectives, and results in sector-leading practices. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs, you will help bridge Pathways community partners and Pathways Canada stakeholders to maximize the value of programming and services created. You will have a broad range of program planning, development, and implementation responsibilities.
As the successful candidate, you bring extensive experience in program planning and management. You have demonstrated success in developing programs and products with a measurable impact that achieves community and organizational objectives. You are a skilled facilitator in both English and French, a creative problem-solver, and you want to make a positive change for young people nationwide as part of our exciting journey to strengthen our community impact and engage a broader population of youth.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with project teams to initiate, plan, and execute priority program development projects, and effectively launch new programming and products to stakeholders.
- Monitor the implementation of new programming and services by tracking the predetermined usage to ensure the desired value is achieved.
- Develop user stories and personas based on business and user requirements using a youth voice-focused lens.
- Facilitate a design approach that optimizes new ways of working—enabled by people, processes, technology, and data.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Programs, work with the Technology Department during opportunities where new technology is part of the programming or product in development:
- Participate in IT development meetings and planning, iteration, and development processes.
- Apply acceptance criteria to determine and approve whether developed features meet end users expressed needs prior to release.
- Evaluate processes and user feedback through each iteration and identify areas of improvement.
- Resolve issues that arise during program development projects and escalate within the organization when necessary.
What You Bring
- 7+ years of work experience in program planning and management roles, preferably in a youth-led or youth-serving organization.
- Demonstrated experience in full-cycle program and/or product development, including planning, implementation, change management, and evaluation.
- Experience working on project teams and using a project management approach.
- Skilled at facilitating in a team and community context; able to navigate and resolve differences and gain consensus.
- Established connections and a strong understanding of the fields of youth engagement, program development, and equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Innovation skills such as human-centered design thinking, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving.
- A high degree of initiative and problem-solving judgment and ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Manager, Programs’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 9:00 a.m. on November 27, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.