ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Project Manager (Bilingual)
REPORTING TO: Director, Project Management Office
LOCATION: Remote within Canada with occasional in-office work in Toronto, ON
Project Manager (Bilingual), Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Project Management Office (PMO), you will help support a variety of project work across the organization and the implementation of the new PMO. Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, you will have administrative, operational, and strategic responsibilities—with the opportunity to engage in all aspects of project management.
As the successful candidate, you bring practical experience leading a broad range of projects, an ability to guide cross-functional teams to project success, and a passion for sharing how project management best practices and skills can be a critical enabler during times of organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Draw on your project management experience to develop project-specific work plans and approaches to project delivery that suit each project’s level of complexity and the needs of the project team.
- Manage cross-functional project teams to deliver agreed upon project benefits within the set time, cost, scope, and quality restraints.
- Support the implementation of robust organization-wide project approval, governance, and benefits practices through knowledge sharing, benefits realization planning, and controlled project closure processes.
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders to facilitate project buy-in and support and ensure appropriate project communications planning to keep stakeholders involved at an appropriate level.
- Share your passion for project management with Pathways Canada teams by assisting the Director, PMO, in implementing new project management templates, processes, frameworks, and capacity building opportunities.
What You Bring
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience planning and implementing projects of various sizes.
- Post-secondary education or training in project management; certification in project management is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques, methodologies, approaches, and an understanding of how to best apply these to the specific situation.
- Ability to consistently manage projects to successful outcomes, lead teams, problem solve, manage risk, and budget or resource responsibility in a variety of business disciplines.
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and multi-tasking skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Customer service-focused mindset with an ability to rally people around a common goal.
- Experience guiding cross-functional teams with various levels of project management knowledge through project processes and influencing project team members without formal authority.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous, changeable, complex environments, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Project Manager (Bilingual)’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on July 3, 2022. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.