Job Type: Full-time; permanent
Reporting to: Director, Research and Evaluation
Location: Toronto, ON or Montréal, QU
Closing date: December 20, 2019
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of youth and Canadians living in poverty? Do you enjoy making an impact through data analysis and research as part of an energetic, high-performing team? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring bilingual (French-English) researcher and data analyst interested in program measurement, research, and knowledge mobilization in the field of youth and community development. The successful candidate will manage data analysis and reporting for Pathways’ Quebec-based program locations, build and strengthen relationships with a variety of community-based partner organizations, and contribute to secondary and primary research projects on educational attainment, youth well-being, and program delivery. The position involves translating data and research findings into internal reports and external knowledge mobilization products that effectively communicate program impact and raise awareness of issues affecting youth living in contexts of risk.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Data analysis and reporting of program-level data;
- Supporting primary and secondary quantitative research projects;
- Conducting literature searches and developing summaries, reports, and knowledge mobilization products for both internal and external stakeholders.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Graduate-level data analysis, research, and/or evaluation training;
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative and qualitative analysis (experience using SPSS and/or other statistical analysis tools);
- Experience conducting literature searches and developing reviews and summaries;
- Familiarity with data management, business intelligence, or data visualization platforms;
- Knowledge of the Quebec non-profit and / or education system;
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on a multi-stakeholder project from inception to end with minimal supervision;
- Strong relationship-building skills;
- Strong analytical skills and experience in developing quantitative and qualitative data reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated skills in effective data visualization, such as creating infographics and presentation slides to communicate complex findings;
- Strong written communication skills to communicate complex ideas in accessible language;
- Highly organized, with a high attention to detail, self-motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment and in a self-directed manner;
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment and a passion for Pathways’ mission.
- Proficiency in French is a requirement for this position. Regular travel will be required between the Montreal and Toronto locations.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by December 20, 2019 to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the word “Research and Data Analyst” in your email subject line.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.