ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Senior Financial Analyst
REPORTING TO: Director, Finance
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid)
Senior Financial Analyst, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a key member of the Finance team, you will act as a financial liaison between Pathways Canada and Pathways Program Partners, the community organizations across Canada that deliver the program directly to students. Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will be responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, analysis, and accounting to support the organization’s long-term sustainability and impact.
As the successful candidate, you will proactively identify and implement financial process improvements to create efficiencies within a dynamic environment. You are passionate about learning, enjoy building collaborative relationships, and operate with a strong customer service focus to support internal and external stakeholders with reporting and accounting inquiries.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Finance team in completing month-end activities and providing accurate and timely reporting on all financial activities of the organization:
- Manage monthly forecasting and preparation of reporting packages.
- Prepare annual and regulatory filings, special reports for donor stewardship, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Coordinate and assist with the annual audit and budgeting cycle, including Program Partner operating grants.
- Manage quarterly Program Partner reporting, payment, and compliance requirements.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and provide excellent customer service with respect to reporting and accounting inquiries.
- Support the development of junior Finance team members and promote a positive work culture that reflects the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the Finance team with special projects, system enhancements, and ongoing financial process improvements.
What You Bring
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in financial reporting and analysis, with excellent technical knowledge and professional judgment.
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in accounting or business; accounting designation is preferred (CPA-CGA/CMA).
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills in French and English is required. Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office 365 and accounting/ERP systems and reporting tools. Experience with Great Plains and Management Reporter is preferred.
- Proven ability to build relationships across different business functions.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to learning and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Senior Financial Analyst’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on October 21, 2022. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways Canada is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways Canada, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways Canada, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways Canada will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.