ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement
REPORTING TO: Director, Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will be responsible for shaping and executing a volunteer engagement strategy designed to foster long-lasting relationships with stakeholders including program alumni, board members, and community volunteers. This strategy will incorporate ongoing communication, education, and recognition to mobilize our volunteer community and formalize their journey with Pathways.
As the successful candidate, you have an exceptional understanding of best practices in volunteer engagement, recruitment, and retention (both digital and in-person) and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. You love taking initiative, building strong relationships, and have a clear understanding of how much can be achieved when volunteer communities come together in support of young people in Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a national volunteer engagement strategy incorporating alumni, program, corporate, and executive volunteers nationally.
- Review existing volunteer engagement at Pathways Canada and identify opportunities for improvement or change.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to ensure volunteerism is supporting fundraising, programming, and good governance.
- Facilitate direct connection with all volunteers across the network and support the creation of a volunteer communications strategy.
- Manage a team of direct reports providing coaching and mentorship.
What You Bring
- Minimum 5 years working in volunteerism, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of national vs local context and how to work with both.
- A clear understanding of best practices in volunteer engagement, recruitment, and retention and how to incorporate these across a variety of volunteer opportunities adhering to policies, privacy, and related procedures.
- Proven strategic volunteer program development and resulting volunteer engagement
- Demonstrated digital skillset including experience with systems and platforms to manage volunteer data and automated information exchange as well as engagement planning and execution.
- Excellent time management skills with the capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects and deliver on deadlines.
- Analytical skills to collect, organize, and apply information and data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports.
- Ability to successfully lead those who volunteer their time and expertise.
- Enjoys a culture of innovation and is adaptable to change.
- Excellent writing skills for content contribution to reports and proposals.
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
What We Offer
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement’ to [email protected] by November 30, 2020.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.