ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Senior Manager, Education Technology (Bilingual)
REPORTING TO: Director, Programs
LOCATION: Flexible (Currently remote)
Senior Manager, Education Technology, Pathways to Education Canada (Bilingual)
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Programs department, you will be responsible for leading and building an EdTech team in the creation of a world-class learning program that contributes to program excellence, is sustainable and scalable, continuously responds to need, and furthers the innovation agenda of the organization.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Programs Director and will work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team to deliver on objectives. You have an exceptional understanding of online learning systems and technology, excellent written and oral communications skills in French and English, and want to make a positive impact as part of Pathways Canada’s exciting journey towards scaling the Pathways Program delivery model to reach significantly more young people across the country.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of an EdTech program through a well-informed pedagogical and technical lens, that supports a blended Pathways Program delivery model and is aligned to strategic directions of the organization.
- Foster a positive, engaging, innovative, solution-oriented, and collaborative team that will continually evolve within the organization.
- Facilitate and leverage evaluation and feedback tools to inform future improvement of the EdTech program, balancing national and local program objectives.
- Champion the adoption, use, and integration of learning technologies and educational media, leveraging existing expertise and bringing in external expertise where required.
- Provide leadership in fostering and enhancing networks and relationships with stakeholders, locally and nationally to support change and adoption.
What You Bring
- 7+ years’ experience in planning, managing, and supporting the use of online learning systems, technologies, and development of educational media.
- Graduate degree focused on adult education and instructional design, including technology and development.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with, train, and support end-users, embedding change management principles that enable adoption and shifts the way people work.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging blended learning models, including virtual, to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to evaluate learning to inform continuous improvement and program development in support of objectives and demonstrates a return on investment.
- Experience in developing, supervising, and leading a departmental team with a function that is new to the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with others in a manner that maintains and enhances respectful and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external to the organization.
- Highly adaptable, and comfortable and confident in navigating ambiguity
- Knowledge of education systems in Canada and a strong understanding of barriers facing youth living in low-income communities.
- Interest in making an impact by working in a non-profit, education-related charity.
- Fluency in English and French.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Senior Manager, Education Technology’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on July 21, 2021. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.