ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Volunteer Engagement Specialist
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement
LOCATION: Flexible (Currently remote)
SALARY RANGE: $52,000 – $62,000 (Salary will be commensurate with years of relevant experience and/or professional-level fluency in both French and English)
Volunteer Engagement Specialist, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a key member of the Marketing, Communications, & Volunteer Engagement team, you will lead the planning and execution of projects designed to support the implementation of Pathways’ volunteer engagement strategy and foster long-lasting relationships with stakeholders. Acting as Pathways’ internal volunteer engagement consultant, you will provide strategically-aligned coaching, best practices, and resources across the Pathways network.
As the successful candidate, you bring volunteer engagement and project management experience, as well as a proven ability to influence without authority. You are resourceful, committed to continuous learning, and have a strong understanding of and dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion, especially for building a volunteer workforce that reflects the communities served.
What You’ll Do
- Manage volunteer engagement projects with the organization’s project management software, Teamwork, organizing and coordinating timelines, resources, and internal and external stateholders. Projects will include feedback collection, events, and technology testing and implementation.
- Act as the first point of support and guidance on volunteer engagement best practices, coaching and advising stakeholders across the organization to ensure strategic alignment to improve or enhance volunteer experiences.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain volunteer engagement collateral for all segments of Pathways volunteers: Program, Alumni, Governance, Corporate, and Innovation/ Operations.
- Consult with colleagues to draft or amend volunteer role descriptions. Approve volunteer roles for posting on the Pathways Canada website and external channels.
- Develop communications for and about volunteers (e.g., emails, orientation slides, web copy, video scripts) for projects and processes that support all stages of the volunteer engagement cycle.
- Engage colleagues across the Pathways network to effectively use volunteer engagement collateral, improving efficiencies and volunteer experiences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify new volunteer engagement collateral required to meet organizational objectives.
What You Bring
- 3+ years’ experience working in volunteer engagement roles supporting processes across the volunteer engagement cycle, with experience engaging a diversity of volunteer roles that encompass both front-line and strategic contributions.
- 1+ years’ experience in project coordination and/or project management, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- 1+ years’ experience working with Teamwork or similar project management software.
- A clear understanding of volunteer engagement best practices and how to incorporate these across a variety of volunteer roles adhering to policies, privacy, and related procedures.
- Strong knowledge of volunteer engagement resources across Canada.
- Demonstrated communications skills, including experience with creating effective volunteer engagement collateral in Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including experience with stewarding personalized relationships.
- An exacting attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting timelines.
- A thorough understanding of national versus local volunteer engagement contexts and how to work with both.
- Enjoys a culture of innovation and is adaptable to change.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a great asset.
- Formal education in volunteer engagement is an asset (e.g. CVA certification, college diploma).
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Volunteer Engagement Specialist’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on September 20, 2021. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.