Thank you for your interest in working with Pathways to Education!
Pathways to Education Canada is a charitable organization that helps youth in low-income communities graduate from high school and successfully transition into post-secondary education or training. Pathways to Education addresses systemic barriers to education by providing leadership, expertise and a community based program proven to lower dropout rates. Founded in 2001, Pathways operates in 17 communities across Canada, with programs in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba and British Columbia.
Pathways is working to make Canada a Graduation Nation by helping youth overcome the barriers that can stand in the way of education with a program that provides academic, financial and social supports. The results of this program have been groundbreaking, reducing high school dropout rates by more than 70 per cent, and increasing the rate at which youth go on to college or university by as much as 300 per cent.
Digital Media Assistant - full-time, contract
Pathways to Education Canada is seeking a Digital Media Assistant to join the marketing team for the summer of 2015. Under the direction of the Digital Media Manager and working closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, the Digital Media Assistant will play a key role in executing the marketing strategy and leveraging social media in the achievement the organization’s goals.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
• Alumni of the Pathways to Education Program™
• Bilingual in English and French
• Familiarity with operations of Pathways to Education Canada an asset
• Currently pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing/media/social media or a related field
• Experience working in a marketing/social-media/technology related role
• Demonstrated ability to work within online communications platforms including website content management platforms, social media vehicles and intranet structures
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and an ability to think strategically
• Sound judgment and a strong customer service mentality
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Willingness to learn
• Interest in making a difference by working in non-profit, education-related charity
Click here to download full job description and for information on how to apply. Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by Monday, May 18th at 12:00 pm Eastern time.
Learn About Us
- Founded in 2001, Pathways now operates nationally across Canada
- The Pathways program provides a comprehensive set of academic, financial and social supports to youth
- By 2016, Pathways will serve over 10,000 students and alumni each year