Job Type: Contract (May 1 – August 28, 2020), 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Coordinator, Alumni Relations
Location: Toronto (University & Dundas)
Rate of Pay: $15 / hour
Closing date: March 25, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
Approximate Start Date: May 1, 2020
Location: Downtown Toronto
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in lowincome communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
Pathways to Education Canada is seeking two Alumni Marketing Interns to join the marketing team this summer. Under the direction of the Coordinator, Alumni Relations, and working closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, the Alumni Marketing Intern will play a key role in executing the marketing and alumni strategies in the achievement the organization’s goals. The Alumni Marketing Intern will also play an important role in telling the story about the educational outcomes of the Pathways to Education Program.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible, applicants must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations. Additionally, the applicant must be an alum of the Pathways to Education Program
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Represent Pathways Canada at events and tours by sharing your experience of the Pathways to Education Program, as well as participating in donor outreach and stewardship activities
- Support and assist the Marketing and Communications team with the maintenance and development of content to post on the Pathways Canada website and other digital channels (e.g. creating thank you videos, interviewing Pathways community members)
- Based on communications strategy, initiate and participate in online conversations with Pathways alumni across a variety of channels
- Monitor activity on Pathways social media sites; responding and editing where required
- Assist in processing internal alumni requests and updating the Pathways alumni database
- Assist in administrative tasks and other duties as required
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working in a marketing/social-media/technology related role
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge related to digital and social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Interest in making a difference by working in non-profit, education-related charity
- Experience in graphic design and content creation is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, addressed to Roshaan Hajira, by Friday, March 27 at 12:00 p.m. EST to [email protected].
For more information on Pathways to Education Canada please visit: pathwaystoeducation.ca