About Pathways to education canada
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization working to make Canada a Graduation Nation. Partnering with dedicated organizations in low-income communities, Pathways supports youth to graduate from high school and achieve their full potential. Celebrating 15 years of successful programming, our award-winning combination of academic, financial, social, and individual supports continues to successfully break the cycle of poverty through the power of education.
Pathways to Education Canada is seeking a Digital Media Assistant (Alumni Intern) to join the marketing and alumni team this fall. Under the direction of the Director, Post-Secondary and Alumni and working closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, the Digital Media Assistant will play a key role in executing the marketing and alumni strategies in the achievement the organization’s goals. The digital media assistant will also play an important role in telling the story about the educational outcomes of the Pathways to Education Program.
What You’ll Do
- Develop content to be posted on Pathways Canada website and other digital channels (e.g. creating thank you videos, interviewing Pathways community members).
- Represent Pathways Canada at events and tours by sharing your experience of the Pathways to Education Program, as well participating in donor outreach and communication.
- Based on communications strategy, initiate and participate in online conversations with Pathways alumni across a variety of channels. Monitor activity on Pathways social media sites; responding and editing where required.
- Assist in development of social media calendar, ensuring integration of key messages across all digital channels. Assist in development of strategic content for social media channels based on calendar and objectives.
- Assist in measurement of social media programs—track and implement improvements as required.
- Assist in updating the Pathways alumni database.
- Website management. Maintain up-to-date website content in English and French by coordinating staff input and executing updates using content management system.
- Assist in administrative tasks related to digital portfolio such as expense claim forms.
- Other duties as required.
What You Bring
- Alumni of the Pathways to Education Program
- Experience working in a marketing/social-media/technology related role
- Demonstrated ability to work within online communications platforms including website content management platforms, social media vehicles and intranet structures
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and an ability to think strategically
- Presentation skills and comfort being featured / filmed for Pathways Canada media / communications
- Sound judgment and a strong customer service mentality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in making a difference by working in non-profit, education-related charity
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter, media portfolio and resume with the subject line Digital Media Assistant to [email protected] by August 16th, 2019. Pathways to Education Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.