ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Education Technology Specialist – Quebec
REPORTING TO: Director, Programs
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
Pathways to Education Canada has begun an exciting journey toward scaling the Pathways Program delivery model to reach significantly more young people across the country.
The Education Technology Specialist will be primarily responsible for creating impactful online engagement opportunities for youth in the Pathways Program, ensuring that our Program Partners are ready, engaged, and supported in using new centralized technological tools and resources. The role will report to the Director, Programs and will work collaboratively as part of an education technology team to deliver on objectives.
This role will be focused on Program Partners serving youth in Quebec.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, implement, and evaluate new technology-driven initiatives to engage youth participating in the delivery of a virtual Pathways Program.
- Develop and roll-out training and education materials to support our Program Partner’s adoption of new technology offerings across the network.
- Provide ongoing support to Program Partners as they adopt and implement new tools and resources.
- Interact with Partner staff and youth on a regular basis to identify challenges with usability and opportunities to leverage technology to improve processes.
- Support the development and implementation of evaluation and feedback tools to inform continuous improvement of Pathways Canada offerings.
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience working in the area of youth/adult learning and online learning opportunities
- Experience working with youth and knowledge of youth engagement
- Post-secondary degree focused on technology, adult learning, curriculum design and development
- Demonstrated knowledge of eLearning principles, strategies, tools, and instructional design methods to deliver instructional programs suited to an online learning environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience training non-tech audiences on technology applications
- Flexible team player, comfortable with ambiguity and confident in asking the right questions and finding positive solutions
- Ability to develop and facilitate ongoing honourable and respectful relationships with community partners including youth, community members and other partners
- Knowledge of the Quebec education system
- Fluent in French and English is required, both oral and written
What We Offer
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact
- Opportunities for learning and professional development
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation and health benefits package
- Group RRSP program
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Education Technology Specialist, Quebec’ to [email protected] by December 15, 2020.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.