ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Events & Engagement Officer
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship (Resource Development department)
LOCATION: Toronto (currently remote)
Events & Engagement Officer, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Resource Development team, you will be responsible for coordinating a portfolio of fundraising and stewardship events, including Pathways’ annual signature gala, Grad Ball, and support the donor relations program. You will act as the in-house expert on events across the organization and will advise colleagues on event management best practices, collaborating with other teams to support their success.
As the successful candidate, you have exceptional project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. You have a great sense of diplomacy, love to take initiative, and want to make a positive difference by engaging and demonstrating to donors their impact in support of young people in Canada.
What You Will Do
- Lead all Pathways fundraising & stewardship/cultivation events from start to finish, including planning, budgeting, securing attendees, and ultimately executing high-quality events.
- Coordinate an inspiring donor relations program that demonstrates the importance of Pathways donors’ support and their impact on the success of the Pathways Program. This includes executing integrated partnership plans and deliverables, implementing recognition and awareness opportunities, organizing Program tours, and hosting employee engagement opportunities.
- Strengthen donor relationships through various engagement opportunities, including online forums, and virtual mentoring activities with alumni and students.
- Meet and exceed the expectations of Pathways donors by maintaining a tracking process for stewardship activities.
- Execute sponsor fulfillment agreements.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications, Alumni, and Programs teams to innovate and implement engagement opportunities for Pathways’ donors.
What You Bring
- Subject matter expertise in event management best practices.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate projects and work with external partners and cross-functional internal teams.
- Superior donor-centered approach with outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Thrives in a complex, collaborative environment.
- Enjoys a culture of innovation and is highly adaptable.
- Interest in making an impact by working in a non-profit, education-related charity.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies is an asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Events & Engagement Officer’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on July 19, 2021.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.