ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTING TO: Director, Talent Management
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (currently remote)
Human Resources Generalist, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Talent Management team, you will help create an environment for people at Pathways Canada to do their best work. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, you will have administrative, operational, and strategic responsibilities—with the opportunity to engage in all aspects of human resources.
As the successful candidate, you bring experience across a broad range of human resources areas, are a natural problem-solver, handle confidential information with maturity and sensitivity, and appreciate how human resources practices are a critical enabler to the organization’s culture and success.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer service to our employees and managersas the first point of support and guidance for practices, policies, annual processes, and other people-related inquiries. Create and manage an efficient system for tracking requests, follow-ups, and deadlines.
- Deliver a positive full cycle recruiting experience by refining search strategies, creating compelling job profiles and postings, supporting the interview process, preparing offers, and leading the onboarding of new staff.
- Be the expert on our human resources data and information system (HRIS): updating employee data, reporting, providing data to Finance, testing and launching new HRIS modules, liaising with the software vendor, and providing training and guidance to staff.
- Develop and execute initiatives that support a culture of engagement, inclusion, and learning by participating in employee committees, fostering authentic communication, and gathering employee input.
- Ensure our people policies, documents, and reporting reflect up-to-date best practices, are compliant with relevant legislation, and are consistent with Pathways’ brand and values. Manage the process for updating policies and training employees.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a human resources role with experience across a broad range of human resources activities.
- Post-secondary education or training in human resources, organizational development, or related area; CHRP designation would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant employment legislation and experience translating legislation into values-aligned policies and practices.
- Technologically savvy; adept at Microsoft suite, creating impactful presentations, and experience navigating a human resources information system.
- Excellent communication skills. You are able to coach and influence with empathy, diplomacy, and professionalism. You handle confidential information and discussions with a mature and sensitive approach.
- An exacting attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting timelines.
- Interest in making an impact by working in a non-profit, education-related charity.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be a great asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Human Resources Generalist’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on July 20, 2021. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.