ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Marketing Coordinator
JOB TYPE: 10-month contract, 37.5 hours per week
HOURS OF OPERATION: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET
REPORTING TO: Senior Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid)
Marketing Coordinator (10-month Contract), Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who wants to change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As a key member of the Marketing team, you will support the day-to-day efforts that enhance Pathways’ national brand awareness and strengthen our community of engaged supporters. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you’ll assist in carrying out Pathways’ marketing strategy across all channels—including helping with content creation, building content calendars and plans, liaising with vendors, and measuring analytics.
As the successful candidate, you have a passion for all things marketing, with a special penchant for digital. You’ll be applying your knowledge of digital, brand, and integrated marketing best practices to increase organizational visibility, drive online traffic, support fundraising goals, and create engagement in support of young people across Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Implement a content marketing strategy and create content to engage Pathways’ audiences via the organization’s website, email, and social media channels.
- Support with the liaison and management of external vendors to ensure the effective execution of Pathways’ national brand awareness campaign.
- Collaborate with the Resource Development department to create and execute key donor engagement initiatives.
- Measure and report on the impact of marketing activities through various analytics platforms.
- Create inspiring and engaging experiences for mass market donors by supporting with optimizations to the online donor journey.
- Support with additional marketing-related tasks as needed.
What You Bring
- 1-2 years of work experience in a marketing, brand, or related role.
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- Experience coordinating and maintaining content schedules, project plans, and/or content calendars.
- Experience with digital marketing tools and CRM platforms such as HubSpot, Fundraise Up, and Later.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and digital marketing best practices and the importance of integrated marketing plans.
- Understanding of marketing performance tracking platforms such as Google Analytics.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail and understanding of Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Basic design skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to learning new skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
Additional qualifications that would be an asset:
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with photography and video editing.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign knowledge.
- Bilingualism in English and French.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid sick leave.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Marketing Coordinator’ to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on January 31, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways Canada is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways Canada, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways Canada, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways Canada will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.