ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Senior Manager, Alumni Engagement
REPORTING TO: Director, Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
Senior Manager, Alumni Engagement, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program creates positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program prepares youth for tomorrow.
As a critical member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will be responsible for shaping and executing an alumni engagement strategy designed to foster long-lasting relationships with program alumni. This strategy will incorporate ongoing communication, education, and recognition to mobilize our alumni community and formalize their journey with Pathways.
As a successful candidate, you have an exceptional understanding of best practices in engagement, recruitment, and retention (both digital and in-person) and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. You love taking initiative, building strong relationships, and clearly understand how much can be achieved when communities come together to support young people across Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a national alumni engagement strategy.
- Review existing alumni engagement at Pathways Canada and identify opportunities for improvement or change.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to ensure alumni engagement is supporting fundraising, programming, and good governance.
- Facilitate a direct connection with alumni across the network and create an ongoing alumni communication strategy in collaboration with the communications team.
- Create content for alumni communications and related donor reporting and proposals.
- Manage a team of direct reports providing coaching and mentorship.
What You Bring
- Minimum 5 years working in volunteer engagement, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of national vs local context and how to work with both.
- A clear understanding of best practices in engagement, recruitment, and retention and how to incorporate these across a variety of alumni volunteer opportunities while adhering to policies, privacy, and related procedures.
- Proven strategic program development and ability to measure the resulting engagement metrics.
- Demonstrated digital skillset, including experience with systems and platforms to manage alumni data and automated information exchange and engagement planning and execution.
- Excellent time management skills with the capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects and deliver on deadlines.
- Analytical skills to collect, organize, and apply information and data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports.
- Ability to successfully lead those who volunteer their time, expertise, and support.
- Enjoys a culture of innovation and is adaptable to change.
- Excellent writing skills for content contribution to reports and proposals.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
What We Offer
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
To explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Senior Manager, Alumni Engagement’ to [email protected] by February 6, 2023. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, one that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways Canada is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways Canada, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways Canada, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways Canada will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.