Help make Canada a Graduation Nation!
The Pathways to Education Program offers you an opportunity to make a long-lasting, positive difference in the lives of young people. As a volunteer with Pathways you are making a strong, collective statement about how much and how many people believe in the capabilities of our youth.
Volunteers play an essential role at Pathways to Education and much of our success is directly attributed to more than 1,300 volunteers who work tirelessly across the country.
As Pathways to Education grows, so does our need for volunteers. We continue to recruit people from all sectors to support the delivery of our Program. We offer excellent opportunities, training, and support. Join the dedicated team of Pathways volunteers and you will see how your time contribution will make a difference in the lives of Canada’s youth.
Who are Pathways to Education volunteers?
We look for people who demonstrate passion for their role, dedication, and commitment to our students. Above all, our volunteers must:
- Be serious about their volunteer commitment
- Be patient, respectful, and act within the boundaries outlined in their role description
- Be committed to learning and youth development
- Be willing to volunteer in a Pathways community
- Have energy and enthusiasm
- Possess a desire to make a difference in someone’s life
Types of Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
Volunteer Requirements and Process
The requirements and process to become a volunteer do vary by community. In general, you should be prepared to:
- Attend a volunteer information session
- Have enough time to commit themselves for at least two hours per week on a regular basis for a minimum of one school year
- Enjoy teaching, explaining school subjects
- Complete the volunteer intake package
- Complete an interview
- Pass a vulnerable sector criminal background check
- Provide references
- Attend the mandatory training sessions required for the position applied
Types of Volunteer Opportunities at your Workplace
Pathways does not end at graduation. Take your industry know-how and support a Pathways Alumni in their transitions to post-secondary institutions and the workplace through various mentoring and educational activities. If you are interested in this please contact us at [email protected].
How do I start volunteering with Pathways to Education?
If you are interested in becoming a tutor or group mentor with Pathways to Education please click below to read more about volunteering at each of our local sites:
- Halifax – Spryfield
- Montreal - Lachine
- Montreal – Pointe-Saint-Charles
- Montreal – Verdun
- Toronto – Regent Park
- Toronto – Lawrence Heights
- Toronto – Rexdale
- Toronto – Scarborough Village
Contact us at [email protected].